Revisions to Personnel Policies for Staff Members
The University is proposing revisions to the following Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM):
- PPSM 65: Termination of Career Employees–Managers and Senior Professionals, Salary Grades I through VII
- PPSM 67: Termination of Career Employees–Managers and Senior Professionals, Salary Grades VIII and IX.
The proposed revisions would add the following requirements to the policies with regard to the payment of severance:
- Payment of severance is conditioned upon the terminated employee entering into a written separation agreement approved by the University, which would provide consistency with the Regents’ Policy on Settlement of Litigation, Claims, and Separation Agreements.
- If a terminated employee is reemployed at any University location in any capacity during the paid severance period, repayment of severance is required for the time period beginning with the date of hire in the new position to the end of the paid severance period
- A written repayment plan is to be agreed upon between the employee and the University before the employee begins work.
The proposed revised policies are being sent out to employees for comment. The policies can be accessed on At Your Service.
If you have any comments on the policies, please submit them via e-mail to Rene Jackson, UCOP Human Resources Director. by the end of Tuesday, October 20, 2009.