OGC’s Annual Raffle, Bake Sale & Giving Tree
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) is holding the 24th Annual Pre-Thanksgiving Raffle and Bake Sale to benefit Family Emergency Shelter Coalition of Alameda County (FESCO).
Raffle Tickets are on sale now!!
Purchase a raffle ticket for $2 each or 3 for $5 to be in a drawing for gift baskets, restaurant certificates, a theater package, manicures, coffee cards, facials and more! The drawing will be held November 25, 2009, at 12:00 (winners need not be present to win).
For more information contact Susan.Quinn@ucop.edu.
Bake Sale Pre-Order Before Nov. 20
The following goodies are available for pre-order:
- Apple, cherry, pumpkin, berry, custard,
no sugar added apple–$13
- Banana crème, coconut crème, lemon meringue,
chocolate crème, lemon crème, pecan–$14
- Cheesecakes: plain, cherry or pumpkin–$18
Neldam’s Dinner Rolls:
- Parker house, poppy seed, sesame seed–$6/doz.
- Butter, Swedish–$7/doz.
Bake Sale & Pre-Order Pick-up Nov. 25
Cakes, pies, cookies, tarts, relishes, bagels, rolls, coffee and more will be available for purchase beginning at 9:30 a.m. Pre-ordered Nation’s Pies and Neldam’s dinner rolls can be picked up at this time.
If you would like to contribute items for the bake sale, or need further information about the holiday giving, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The Office of the General Counsel serves to meet the demands of people in need by hosting the annual giving tree. Each year OGC adopts several families to receive wish list gift items for the holiday season. Names and wish lists will be available for distribution at the Bake Sale. Choose a gift tag, purchase and wrap the wish list item, and return it to the Office of the General Counsel by December 10, 2009.
FESCO is a nonprofit organization that serves homeless families with food, shelter, clothing, counseling and links to community resources. Their services assist individuals in the Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo and San Leandro area.
- Approximately 100 families with children receive FESCO emergency shelter services each year.
- About 8,700 bed-nights and over 19,000 meals are served to families through FESCO throughout the year.
- FESCO helps over 60% of those residing in the shelter move into more stable housing.
- Nearly 300 children benefit from an active children’s program — arts & crafts, story time, tutoring—through FESCO.
- Over 150 at-risk and formerly homeless families with children in the community receive follow-up and homelessness prevention services through FESCO.
Visit http://www.fescofamilyshelter.org/ for more information.