Fall 2010 WorkFit Program underway
Fall WorkFit Session Started Monday, September 20
Last week was filled with the laughter and camaraderie of OP staff trying WorkFit for free and experiencing the fun firsthand. If you haven’t signed up to be part of the fun, now is the time!
WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
For your $50 participation fee, you can attend any class, any time, at either location. That’s right: all for less than $1 a day! So what are you waiting for? Sign up now. When registering, disregard the screen that asks for your UC Berkeley employee number.
So get registered, grab your workout gear and join your colleagues to get fit and reduce stress!
Here’s the list of classes, which run through Dec. 23. Classes will not be held Thanksgiving week.
*Franklin Building Sessions (former credit union space)
- Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.
- Yoga: Monday & Wednesday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.
*Oct. 15: Midday classes will be held, weather permitting, on the fifth floor terrace.
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260)
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00-5:45 p.m.
More about the Classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy About Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage – all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.