Support Cal students in need – Nov. 5 raffle ticket sale
Donate to UC students in need this holiday season. UCOP Cares is sponsoring a raffle to support recently emancipated (fostered and orphaned) students at UC Berkeley through the Center for Independent Scholars Network.
Raffle Ticket Sales
- Franklin Building lobby: 8–9:30 a.m. – Friday, Nov. 5 & Friday, Dec. 3
- Kaiser Building lobby: 8–9 a.m. – Friday, Nov. 12 (tentative) & Friday, Dec. 10
- Purchases may also be made by contacting Trish Hare at (510) 987-9124 or Kim Blodgett (510) 987-0173.
Your $5 donation enters you into a raffle to win one of five $75 gift cards. The winning raffle tickets will be drawn at the UCOP Holiday Party. (Details about the UCOP Holiday Party will be provided in upcoming issues of Link.) You need not be present at the holiday party to win. All proceeds go to the Cal Independent Scholars Network.
What is the Cal Independent Scholars Network Program (CISN)?
CISN provides support and resources to incoming freshman, transfer and continuing students who have recently emancipated from foster care or are orphaned, and been certified independent by the Financial Aid Office. CISN provides individual support, guidance and resources to students in their transition to Cal, facilitates academic progress and personal development and helps students achieve their educational and career goals.
CISN students receive:
- Residence Hall starter kits
- Books and supplies
- Supplemental financial aid
- Assistance with computer needs or problems
- Assistance with unmet medical, dental and optometric needs
- Supplemental assistance with meals
- Finals care packages
- Monthly Academic and Enrichment Workshops
- Community building social events