Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

10-second bio: Aaron McCoy of Building Services

Name: Aaron J. McCoy

Title: Business Operations Manager

Department/unit: Building and Administrative Service Center

Location: 7th Floor, Franklin

When I started working at UCOP: January 11, 2012

What I do for UCOP in five words or less: Financial Management, UCOP Building Services

The best part about working for OP: The work-life balance that I have experienced here has been extremely valuable to me and my family. I worked at UCSF for 6 years, in the Minnesota St. building, and my commute could be really difficult, up to two hours if I was stuck in Giants game day traffic. I live in Oakland so really appreciate the shorter commute and added time I get with my family. I even stop in sometimes to visit my son’s kindergarten class during lunchtime. I am also enjoying my opportunity to work with a great Building Services Team.

Something you don’t know about me: I have been married to my beautiful wife Jamie for 7 years and we have two handsome boys (AJ, 5, and Kai, 4). Our favorite locations for vacation are Catalina Island and North Lake Tahoe. We also enjoy the outdoors by fishing and camping.

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: In 2005, the movie “Coach Carter” was released, about a basketball team from my hometown of Richmond, Calif. I saw the movie and thought it was a good story. The movie had a positive impact on the students but in my opinion stretched the truth a bit.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would: I would love to be a professional sport fisherman! I do a lot of fishing in the California Delta, anywhere from Sacramento to Suisun Bay, and especially like fishing for black bass and sturgeon. The largest fish I ever caught was a 5.5-foot, 80-pound sturgeon.

Comments ( 3 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Aleta Martinez March 5, 2013 Reply

Can we see a bio on our UCOP Mail Team? I bet many would like to know what they do all day. Thanks.

2. Ginny March 26, 2013 Reply

You’re a great colleague, Aaron!

3. Larissa December 10, 2013 Reply

I love that you can visit your son’s kindergarten class during lunchtime! That is something he’ll remember fondly when he grows up.

Leave your comment here