Be sure to stop by UCOP’s Wellness Fair, coming to Franklin Lobby 1, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, May 2.
Several UC health and wellness vendors will be on hand, providing screenings, massage, giveaways and information about the great programs and services they offer to keep you healthy. Here’s just a partial list:
- Fidelity Financial Wellness: Retirement Counselor Joe Hager will explain Fidelity’s UC-customized offerings, including financial education workshops and the new UC Focus on Your Future website.
- Health Net will conduct DermaScan screenings, a test that reveals skin condition and sun damage.
- Kaiser Permanente will conduct blood pressure screenings, an important indicator of overall heart health.
- Massage therapist Michael LaCroix, whose bodywork combines an orthopedic approach with Chinese medicine, will offer chair massages for $1 per minute.
- UCOP’s Office of Environmental Health & Safety will talk about Be Smart About Safety, OP’s program offering sponsorship for projects that reduce loss in workers’ comp, liability, employment and other programs.
- UCOP’s Office of Risk Services will be on hand to share information about its programs and services, from WorkFit to free training sessions in AED/CPR emergency response.
- Michael Sands, M.D., offers a lunchtime lecture on Stress Reduction, 12 to 1 p.m. in 10325 Franklin.
- Sittercity representative Jen Kraska will be available to answer questions about the web-based resource to help you find pre-screened in-home care for children, adults and pets, even tutors and housekeepers.
- Vision Service Plan will collect outdated prescription eyeglasses for its Eyes of Hope donation program and hold a raffle for two pairs of designer sunglasses.
The event is sponsored by Wellness at UCOP.