Take charge of your career with this two-course series
Learn the skills you need to be proactive in managing your career with a two-course series in Career Management that will help you assess your current skills, identify new skills you might need for professional growth and formulate a strategy for achieving your career goals.
Session 1 takes place Tuesday, May 15, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., in 12322 Franklin. Topics include:
- Managing change: Learn to manage your career in a changing environment.
- Self-assessment: Complete a skills assessment as well as assessments of personal preferences and values.
- Development planning: Establish a development plan with short- and long-term goals.
- Resume writing: Learn about different types of resumes, appropriate content, format and how to best convey past experiences.
Session 2 takes place Thursday, June 14, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., also in 12322 Franklin. Building on the first course, this session covers:
- Interviewing: learn the do’s and don’ts of interviewing, how to prepare, and conduct practice interviews.
- Networking: Identify networking opportunities and learn why networking is so important for your career.
- Resume critique: Participants critique one another’s resumes to get valuable feedback.
- Using your UCOP login and password, sign in to the UC Learning Center.
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class you are interested in.
- That will bring up Results of Search; click on the class being offered at UCOP.
- Click Register next to the class title.
- Click Submit.
For more information about this series, contact Linda Klink at 987-0673 or Linda.Klink@ucop.edu.