The OP Staff Assembly Steering Committee is seeking nominations for eight open seats, which means an opportunity for you to get involved.
Here are just a handful of OP Staff Assembly’s many accomplishments this year:
- The Frick School Fill-a-Backpack Project, which donated 150 backpacks full of school supplies to last year’s entering class at Oakland’s Frick Middle School
- The Oct. 7, 2011, Town Hall with President Yudof, the third annual event of its kind to provide OP staff an open forum with the president
- Brown bags in February and May with the Downtown Oakland and Lake Merritt/Uptown Association on how UCOP staff can support our Oakland neighborhood and vendors
If you are interested in running for OP Staff Assembly, please submit your application by Friday, June 8, 2012, to OPStaffAssembly@ucop.edu. All career staff are eligible to run, and application forms can be found online.
The term is two years, beginning July 1, 2012, and the required time commitment is a minimum of one hour per month at the lunchtime monthly meeting. But there are opportunities to take on larger responsibilities, including planning programs and projects or doing communications. It is also a good idea for you to discuss the time commitment with your supervisor.
Brown bag sessions will be held Friday, June 1, 12 to 1 p.m., in 7401 Franklin and 712 Kaiser. Current steering committee members will be on hand to describe the work of the OP Staff Assembly and answer your questions.
Elections take place from Thursday, June 14, through Friday, June 22. More details on the election and how to vote will be announced in the coming weeks.
The OP Staff Assembly is an organization for staff dedicated to promoting the interest and welfare of all career employees. It is affiliated with the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA), the systemwide staff group that works on behalf of all staff within and across the UC community.
All career staff employees are members of the OP Staff Assembly and are welcome to attend monthly meetings, held the second Wednesday of each month (see the Link calendar for location).
- Friday, June 1: Brown bag, 12 to 1 p.m., 7401 Franklin
- Friday, June 1: Brown bag, 12 to 1 p.m., 712 Kaiser
- Friday, June 8: Deadline to submit applications
- June 14 to 22: Election period for online voting