Been thinking about upping your fitness? Join WorkFit
It’s not too late to join WorkFit’s summer session.
UCOP’s fitness program conveniently serves clients at both the Franklin and Kaiser locations, with summer mid-session passes available for $30 and effective now through Friday, Aug. 31.
If you haven’t tried it, now is the time! WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
See the complete monthly schedules for both locations on the Risk Services website in the “Newsworthy” box.
For those who prefer a quiet start to the workday, try Dawn Patrol Yoga Tuesday and Thursday from 7 to 7:45 a.m. in Franklin Lobby 1. Midday Franklin classes continue in room 1 of the CSU East Bay (CSUEB) Building, located at 1000 Broadway (entrance is on the 11th St. side, halfway between Broadway and Franklin).
The Kaiser program is located in room 206 on the second floor of the two-story Kaiser Mall building adjacent to the garage.
As always, family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price!
Register on the UCB RecSports website, and select your campus affiliation as COMMUNITY.
Franklin location sessions include the following:
- *Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 7-7:45 a.m., Lobby 1
- Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., CSUEB
- Circuit Training: Monday & Wednesday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m., CSUEB
- Yoga Toning: Friday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m., CSUEB
- *Yoga: Monday, 4:45 to 5:30 p.m., Lobby 1
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., CSUEB
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m., CSUEB
- *Zumba: Tuesday, 4:45 to 5:30 p.m., Lobby 1
*Classes scheduled in Lobby 1 Conference Room may be canceled due to space availability.
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260) sessions include the following:
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12 to 12:45 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12 to 12:45 p.m.
- Zumba: Monday & Wednesday, 5:15 to 6 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:15 to 6 p.m.
About the Classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using props such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Yoga Toning (Franklin) is a power workout using yoga movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. A nice complementary workout to Circuit Training.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.