UCOP is offering several classes in August, available to all UCOP employees, to help you build strong communication and computer technology skills and increase your effectiveness in the workplace.
Influencing without Authority will be offered in two sessions on Thursday, Aug. 2, in 5320 Franklin, at both 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1 to 5 p.m. In this workshop, you will learn the keys to the nature of power and influence as well as techniques for effectively exercising influence, even when you may not have formal authority to mandate action.
Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2007, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 7, in 7107 Franklin, is a hands-on class that will expand your Excel skill set and prepare you to:
- Link workbooks to manage larger data sets
- Employ advanced formatting techniques on tables and charts
- Gain experience working with graphics
- Create custom filters to target specific data for analysis
- Allow multiple users to work on a spreadsheet while protecting critical data from deletion
Intermediate PowerPoint takes place Thursday, Aug. 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., also in 7107 Franklin. You will build on your basic skills and learn to customize PowerPoint by modifying the Quick Access Toolbar and creating macros, applying themes and templates, and working with SmartArt graphics and tables as well as multimedia content.
Interested? Go to the UCOP Learning Center and register as follows:
- Log in using your UCOP login and password.
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class you want; that will bring up Results of Search.
- Click the session you want, then click on the Register box and Submit.