How to navigate the new Link
Welcome to Link, UCOP’s new and improved weekly newsletter. Link has been completely redesigned, based on reader feedback about functions and features that needed improvement.
Just check the Link homepage for a snapshot of all the news and events happening at UCOP. If you spend a few moments exploring the new site, you’ll find an intuitive new navigation and several other improvements that will help you quickly get to the content you’re looking for:
- The email announcement you receive each Tuesday now has live links to individual stories as well as to the website and online calendar, so you can go directly to a specific story you’re interested in.
- From the top navigation bar you can get to all of Link’s major features, including the online calendar, 10-second bios, a new page listing all current classes and workshops, and a new and powerful archive search.
- You won’t miss out on top content in the rotating image carousel because the thumbnails and headlines show you all three stories. Simply mouse over them to flip the image in the large window, and click on the headline or large image to get to that story.
- Sign up to get automatic updates via RSS whenever there are new announcements or the site is refreshed. (Go to the bottom of any page for the RSS icon.)
- The homepage now displays all stories in a continuous stream, most recent first. You can search for specific posts by their date or content category, which appear to the left of each headline and summary (or under the small photo if there is one).
- Use the sidebar on the right side of the homepage to get to the online calendar (see link at the bottom of “Upcoming Events”), this week’s video feature, the classes and workshops listing, most commented stories and links to other UC and UCOP websites.
- Now you can also comfortably read Link on your tablet or smartphone.
Look for more next week on improved ways to search and get content through the new Link archives & RSS feed. We will also hold two brown bags next month to answer your questions, 12 to 1 p.m., as follows:
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, in 11326 Franklin
- Thursday, Dec. 12, in 1018 Kaiser
If you have questions about the site, contact Communications Coordinator Patti Meagher at Patti.Meagher@ucop.edu.