Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

10-second bio: Meet Aleta Martinez of Health Sciences and Services: She’s not Judy

Aleta MartinezName: Aleta Martinez

Title: Administrative Assistant

Department/unit: Health Sciences & Services

Location: 11th Floor, Franklin building

When I started working at UCOP: August 2010, and previously at UC Berkeley in May 1987. I worked there in three departments: Institute of Industrial Relations, the Athletic Department and Lawrence Hall of Science, and have 25 years of service total.

What I do for UCOP in five words or less: Safety officer, Xerox guru, process travel, and coordinate meetings

The best part about working for OP: The people and the affinity groups!

Something you don’t know about me: I have a twin sister who works in the Office of the District Attorneys for Alameda County (located nearby UCOP). I am the second oldest sibling of 10 (five males and five females). UCOP employees often get my twin sister and me mixed up, saying, “I said hi to you the other day but you shined me on!”  I am working with Judy to smile back and say, “I am not Aleta.”

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: I was born and raised in Richmond, Calif., a 1940s industrial town devoted to shipbuilding.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would be: a nurse.

Comment ( 1 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Howard Fallon December 3, 2013 Reply

Wow, you have a twin sister working in downtown Oakland. I’ll have to be on the lookout for your other self!

Leave your comment here