Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

Secretary to UC Regents Marsha Kelman to retire

UC President Janet Napolitano issued the following statement to the UC Office of the President community on Friday, Feb. 14:

Dear Colleagues:

One of the first representatives of the University I met before becoming President was the Secretary and Chief of Staff to The Regents, Marsha Kelman. I was immediately struck by her professionalism, knowledge, and wonderful sense of humor. She was a terrific introduction to the University and its staff. It is with a sense of regret, therefore, that I write to tell you that Marsha has informed The Regents of her decision to retire.

As Marsha wrote the members of the Board, “… after much consultation with my family, I have decided to retire from the University. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with all of you, my outstanding staff, and countless talented colleagues in the Office of the President and on the campuses. My last day in the office will be March 31. I am so grateful to Regents Gould, Lansing and Varner and President Emeritus Yudof for allowing me to conclude my career in higher education at the world’s preeminent public university. The challenges over the last five years have been many, but the rewards of being a member of a community dedicated to preserving the mission and values of the University of California have been great…”

I think you’ll agree that, since her arrival in the Office of the President in 2009 as Associate Vice President for Policy & Analysis, later as Interim Chief of Staff for President Yudof, and finally as Secretary and Chief of Staff to The Regents, Marsha has given generously of her time and talent to the University of California and its mission. Without a doubt, she is a tremendous asset to this institution, and I know how fortunate we have been here in the Office of the President to have enjoyed her commitment to excellence, friendship, and support.

Please join me in wishing Marsha well as she prepares for her return to the Lone Star State and to the next chapter in her life.

Yours very truly,
Janet Napolitano
President

Leave your comment here