Learn the basics of UCOP compensation, this Wednesday, Oct. 8
Mystified by Career Tracks or how compensation decisions are made at UCOP? You are invited to attend one of several workshops in Compensation Basics, designed for all non-represented employees at UCOP to get an overview of the compensation system.
“Understanding how compensation decisions are made helps employees take ownership in their own self-assessment, skill building and career development,” said Compensation Consultant Karen Berardi, who will present the workshops.
You’ll learn about the Bay Area labor market, career planning resources such as Career Tracks and Job Builder, and how salary ranges work. Also included will be tips on how to explore levels of jobs in your own field and the skills needed to move up or change fields. These will be interactive sessions with the opportunity to ask questions.
There’s no need to sign up or register; just drop in on the session that’s most convenient for you. (Due to space limitations for some sessions, come early to guarantee your space.) Sessions will be held as follows:
- Wednesday, Oct. 8, 9:30 to 10:30 am, Franklin Lobby 1
- Thursday, Oct. 9, 11 am to 12 pm, 612 Kaiser
- Wednesday, Oct. 15, 3:30 to 4:30 pm, Franklin Lobby 1
- Thursday, Oct. 16, 9 to 10 am, 512 Kaiser
- Tuesday, Oct. 21, 3 to 4 pm, Franklin Lobby 1
- Thursday, Nov. 6, 10 to 11 am, 5320 Franklin
- Wednesday, Nov. 12, 10 to 11 am, 5320 Franklin
- Wednesday, Nov. 19, 9:30 to 10:30 am, Franklin Lobby 1
- Monday, Nov. 17, 1 to 2 pm, via ReadyTalk*
*To join via ReadyTalk, dial 1-866-740-1260 and enter access code 9870869; log on at http://uc.readytalk.com/ to see workshop materials.
Managers have already attended similar sessions, which emphasized making appropriate pay decisions based on Career Tracks, salary ranges and the Bay Area labor market. Managers who were unable to attend those sessions may join one of these Compensation Basics workshops. Or you can access the presentation via SharePoint.
Questions? Please contact your HR Business Partner or Compensation Consultant Karen Berardi at email@example.com or 510-987-0869 for more information.