PACSW offers funds for professional development
Did you know the President’s Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (PACSW) offers professional development sponsorships?
The sponsorships cover up to $300 of registration fees for workshops, conferences, seminars or academic/online courses that will enhance leadership skills, improve professional competency, enhance career progression, and/or keep employees current on workplace practices and technology.
There are three eligible conferences remaining in 2015, all produced by Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics:
- Path to Professional Success is a three-day event offering leadership development, communications training, strategies for developing personal power and handling conflict, and plenty of networking opportunities. For more information and to register for one of the following dates, visit http://www.leap.org/develop_pps.
- June 2-June 4: Atlanta, Ga.
- Sept. 29-Oct. 1: Los Angeles
- Leadership Development Program for Higher Education is the only program in the United States that combines leadership training through a unique understanding of Asian and Pacific Islanders with personal coaching and the invaluable insights of successful API leaders in higher education. For more information and to register, see http://www.leap.org/develop_ldphe.
- July 8-11: Pomona, Calif.
In addition to these conferences, PACSW sponsorships are available for other professional development opportunities. Any policy-covered staff employee who holds a career appointment and who has worked at UCOP for at least one year may apply. To be considered for sponsorship, employees must demonstrate a commitment to career enhancement and professional growth by submitting a completed application to PACSW, including a Statement of Purpose. For more information and an application, visit the PACSW website.