UCOP Oakland lobby screens: view and share events
The large TV screens in front of the security desk in the Franklin lobby are now UCOP’s primary visual tool for keeping you informed about what’s happening at our location – including upcoming events, professional development opportunities, wellness campaigns and other important news.
UCOP Communications will manage content, but all employees are encouraged to submit events and ideas that comply with UCOP’s Principles of Community and fall into one of these categories:
- Upcoming events organized or sponsored by UC, UCOP or UCOP-recognized affinity groups (Events must be open to all staff.)
- Information about key UCOP events, such as Town Halls and the annual open enrollment fair
- News about UC, including presidential updates and UCOP priorities
To submit content, please fill out a slide template (download here), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.Lobby screens will be updated every two weeks. To ensure timely publication, please submit content at least three weeks prior to your event. For detailed instructions on OP internal event promotion, visit the Link website.
What events qualify?
Any event that is sponsored by OP leadership, an OP department or a staff affinity group can be promoted via Link, fliers and the calendar.
Maximizing your chances for PR success
Two words: Plan ahead! You want to give people advance notice of your event so interested colleagues can make room for it in their schedules and there’s enough time to create an enticing Link story, produce and post fliers, and get your event on the Link calendar.
For a smooth and successful promotion, follow these steps:
- When scheduling your event, first check the Link calendar to avoid competing with other activities that are already planned.
- Once your date and time are set, contact Link to get the event on the Link calendar so staff can see it (including people picking dates for other events).
- If you want to create a promotional flier, ask Link for the easy-to-use template, then return the completed flier for posting. (Reminder: There are specific OP guidelines for where and how fliers may be posted.)
- If you would like a promotional article about your event in Link, it should appear one to two weeks before the event date, which means you need to request the article and get all the relevant information to Link staff two to three weeks ahead.
NOTE: As space permits, we will publicize events in Link up to two times, so you can ask for an initial and a final date for us to run a promotional article. All article requests are subject to editorial approval.
Here’s the basic information you’ll need to provide for a Link story, flier and calendar listing:
- Name/title of event
- Brief description of what it is
- Date and time
- Sponsoring staff group/department and a designated contact person
The following additional information should also be provided if it is applicable to the event:
- Speaker’s name and brief bio
- Photo of speaker or other promotional image
- Who is invited if not all OP staff (e.g., supervisors/managers only)
- How to register/enroll/sign up
- Dial-in or web access
- Expanded information that may interest staff, such as topics to be discussed, scheduled activities, reason event is being held, etc.
Who to contact
For questions about all Link calendar items, articles and event fliers, you can reach us at email@example.com.