Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

10 Second Bio: Karina Castellanos, program administrator at UCDC

Karina Castellanos_donutsName: Karina Castellanos

Title: Program Administrator

Department/Unit: Academic Programs – UC Washington Center (UCDC)

Location: Washington, DC

When I started working at UCOP: April 2016

What I do for OP in five words or less: Mentor, guide and serve students

The best part about working for OP: I am a new hire, but so far the best part has been working with a wide range of brilliant colleagues who all share a common interest in providing the best experience for students. Prior to joining UC, I worked for the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC).

Something you don’t know about me: My parents were entrepreneurs and franchised donut shops, so I know how to bake all kinds of donuts. During the cold winter months, I enjoy making fresh raised/yeast donuts from scratch and then I share them with my colleagues.

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: Corona, California was once known as the lemon capital of the world.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would be: I enjoy being outside and working with my hands, so I would love to improve my horticulture skills by being a landscape artist for the White House. Throughout Washington, D.C.’s Golden Triangle, plants and flowers are replaced on a seasonal basis and I often wonder if they are turned into compost. Besides being the landscape artist for the White House, I also aspire to be Secretary of Education.

Leave your comment here