Sexual harassment prevention training: Live presentation offered Nov. 17
Every member of the UC community has a responsibility to keep our locations free from sexual violence and sexual harassment. To prepare you to fulfill this obligation, a comprehensive training program has been put into place.
Effective Jan. 31, 2016, all employees on payroll with active status, regardless of previous training taken, are required to complete training on sexual violence/sexual harassment prevention and response as follows:
- Newly hired non-supervisory staff must complete training within six weeks of beginning work.
- Faculty and supervisors must complete training with additional content as assigned.
- All employees will complete annual training.
Employees at UCOP have a choice of two training options:
- A video-based online training delivered through the UC Learning Center. This course should take approximately 50 minutes to complete for non-supervisory staff. Faculty and supervisors will continue to take a separate training course that contains additional legally required content and will last approximately two hours.
- A live presentation. The class mixes serious education and learning with humor, entertainment and spirited discussion as professional actors dramatize real-life scenarios that illustrate both overt and subtle forms of sexual harassment. Participants can ask questions and give advice about any of the vignettes. The actors then respond as their characters, and a lively discussion ensues. Space is limited for the live presentation so sign up early for this session:
DATE: Nov. 17
TIME: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
LOCATION: Franklin Lobby 1
To register for the training:
– Log in to the UC Learning Center
– Type “Sexual Harassment Prevention Training” into the Search box
– Check the session, then click on the Register box and then click Submit