OGC’s annual charity bake sale, raffle and silent auction returns for 31st year
The Office of the General Counsel’s annual pre-Thanksgiving charity bake sale, raffle and silent auction, almost as much a tradition as Turkey Day itself, is back for its 31st year!
This year’s fundraiser takes place on Tuesday, Nov. 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in and around Franklin 8112. It’s a great opportunity to purchase some tasty treats for your holiday table and support worthy local charities at the same time.
Starting Friday, Nov. 4 and continuing through Wednesday, Nov. 16, you can preorder baked goods and buy raffle tickets in the Franklin lobby from 12 to 1 p.m. each weekday.
Raffle tickets are $2 each or three for $5. The prices for pies from Nation’s Pies and rolls from A Taste of Denmark (formerly “Neldam’s”) are as follows:
- Apple, berry, pumpkin and no-sugar-added apple pies: $14
- Banana crème, coconut crème, lemon crème, lemon meringue, chocolate crème, custard and pecan pies: $15
- Cheesecakes (traditional, pumpkin): $19
- Dinner rolls: $8-$9 per dozen
You must pay for (in cash only) and pick up your baked goods order on Tuesday, Nov. 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the 8th floor of Franklin.
Proceeds from this year’s events will be divided primarily between two local charities:
- Clausen House: A charity that provides housing, wellness programs and advocacy for developmentally disabled adults in Oakland and the surrounding East Bay area.
- First Place for Youth: A Northern California–based organization founded in 1998, First Place for Youth provides affordable housing and other support to former foster youth and is a national model for programs supporting high-risk youth.
A portion of the proceeds is also being earmarked for the East Bay SPCA, the East Bay’s nonprofit organization dedicated to the welfare of cats and dogs by preventing cruelty, neglect and overpopulation.
If you would like to contribute baked goods for this year’s sale, make a donation to one of these charities or get additional information about the events, please contact Tiffany.Wilson@ucop.edu or Robert.Harvey@ucop.edu.