10-Second Bio: Kristine Silva

Name: Kristine Silva

Title: Payroll Assistant

Department/Unit: UCPath Center- Production/Payroll

Location: Riverside

When I Started Working At UCOP: January 2017

What I Do For OP In Five Words Or Less: Help process your paycheck.

The Best Part About Working For OP: The best part about working here is the positive environment. For the first time in a long time, I enjoy coming to work and being alongside such amazing people.

Something You Don’t Know About Me: I was nominated to be a part of the People to People Student Ambassador Program my junior year of high school. I was sent to Australia for three weeks with 40 other students across the Inland Empire. To this day, I have no idea who nominated me, but it changed my life. I met amazing people and it sparked a love of travel within me.

One Weird Fact About The Town I Grew Up In: I grew up in Parker, Colorado. The first house built there (in 1864) was the 20 Mile House — so named because it was 20 miles from Denver. It was an important stage stop and refuge for early pioneers, being located at the junction of the Smoky Hill and Santa Fe stage lines and on the Smoky Hill Trail, an emigrant route with the unmarked graves of many pioneers.

If I Could Have Any Job In The World (Besides The One I Have Now), I Would Be: A tour guide.