Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

10-Second Bio: Roman Starno, master of guitars and berry bars

Name: Roman Starno

Title: Chief Building/Security Manager

Department/Unit: Building and Administrative Service Center (BASC)

Location: Franklin

When I Started Working At UCOP: April 2009

What I Do For OP In Five Words Or Less: Building maintenance/security & some construction

The Best Part About Working For OP: So many people yet we are a family!!! And just like any family, we have some problems but we are able to overcome those problems together.

Something You Don’t Know About Me: Although I am a classical pianist from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, I recorded a country music CD in my younger years which can still be downloaded at: https://itunes.apple.com/ke/artist/cal-baker/id351289364. And I invented “The Roman Bar,” a chocolate covered vegan berry bar: www.theromanbars.com

One Weird Fact About The Town I Grew Up In: I grew up in San Francisco. Nothing really weird about SF but whenever I go anywhere, I just crave that FOG that you get in the city when I get back.

If I Could Have Any Job In The World (Besides The One I Have Now), I Would Be: Performing musician and a pastry chef

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 10-Second Bio is one of Link’s most popular features, and for a good reason.

We all like to learn about our colleagues — what they do and enjoy about working at UCOP and what makes them tick. If you’ve never submitted a bio, we invite you to do so. It only takes a few minutes and it’s an easy, fun way for us all to get to know the people we work with.

Click here to submit your own 10-Second Bio to Link!

You can also look at the bios your UCOP colleagues have submitted.

Comments ( 2 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Darryl R. Brown July 11, 2017 Reply

Cool stuff Boss!

2. Maura July 11, 2017 Reply

Those bars sure look yummy!

Leave your comment here