UCPath Center named a Top Workplace for 2017

The UCPath Center (UCPC) has been named one of 2017’s Top Workplaces on a list of public, private, nonprofit or governmental organizations throughout Riverside and San Bernardino counties. UCPC was ranked no. 2 in the category of midsize organizations that have between 125 and 349 employees. The rankings were determined by the Southern California Inland News Group, which publishes The Press-Enterprise, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, Redlands Daily Facts and The Sun.

“We’re incredibly honored to be selected as a top workplace,” said Cindy Ferrini, UCPC’s human resources business partner. “This award holds great meaning because the employees of the center made it possible by sharing their thoughts about our culture. We currently have 270 full-time employees and our goal is to hire an additional 100+ in the coming year. So to be recognized as a premier employer in Southern California will greatly help us in our efforts to grow as an organization.”

The ranking process began with the newspaper group running articles and ads asking employees to nominate their companies. Energage, an employee research and consulting firm, was then enlisted to determine which workplaces best met employees’ expectations. To find out, surveys were sent to over 13,000 employees of 49 companies, yielding over 8,000 responses.

Participants were asked if they agreed with statements such as “My job makes me feel like I am part of something meaningful,” “I have the flexibility I need to balance my work and personal life,” and “This company operates by strong values and ethics.”

The survey also queried employees about their level of engagement and motivation at work, their confidence in their leaders, and their pay, benefits and other employment essentials.

Recognition for their workplace comes as no surprise to UCPC staff, which regularly sing its praises, including on UCPC’s Facebook page.

“I absolutely love the teamwork and the respect that we all have for one another. It is fun coming to work with happy people who love where they work and I see smiles everywhere I turn,” wrote Lilia Chanon, payroll associate. “My assignments bring out the knowledge and skills that I have been aching to put to use for a long time. Not to mention the positive acknowledgement and feedback I receive from my teammates — they encourage me to strive higher.”

“I’m excited for the future growth of UCPC. Working here allows for future career opportunities,” wrote Senior Employee Service Associate Gina Aguirre, citing an advantage of their workplace that many UCPC employees value. “I truly love my job and everyone I work with. Having a well-put-together team starts from the top and I’m so fortunate to have such an amazing leadership team.”

Read citation for UCPath Center.

Read more about the survey and ranking process.

See full list of Top Workplaces for 2017.

Check out what it’s like to work at UCPC and see current job openings on their jobs website.