Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

Want to help make a difference? Consider joining OPSA Steering Committee

“I enjoyed participating in the OP Staff Assembly because it made me feel more connected with the people at the University of California Office of the President. As a member and later as the chair, I tried to create an environment where people could be heard and suggestions were welcome. I also felt more connected with the organization and learned about how things work on a higher level than I could by just doing my job.” — Tracy Fitzgerald

“As a member of OPSA for the last three years, I have had the opportunity to work with so many people from all over UCOP. I have had challenges that required me to go grow professionally and learn new things. It is a very rewarding experience and I would suggest to anyone that wants to get more involved with OP to consider joining the team.” — Bobby Cook              

These are just two testimonials from current and past members of the OP Staff Assembly’s Steering Committee.

Are you interested in joining the steering committee? Nominations will be accepted starting May 29. Consider putting in your name to be elected by your peers. Serving on the committee is a good opportunity to step in, be heard and help make a difference.

The OP Staff Assembly (OPSA) is led by a steering committee of five to 11 employees from across UCOP’s units and departments. OPSA’s mission is to encourage communication between staff and senior leaders. The OPSA also provides a forum where staff at all levels can exchange ideas and offer opinions for change.

Stay tuned to Link for more information coming soon, including details about how to submit your nomination and the voting process.

You can learn more about the inner workings of OP by attending the monthly OPSA meetings. These meetings are 12 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month in Franklin conference room 5318.

Comment ( 1 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Garen Corbett May 15, 2018 Reply

Serving on OPSA is a fabulous way to enhance our workplace, and work with terrific colleagues. Please consider getting involved!

Leave your comment here