Get a taste of California’s farms and ranches this summer
California’s farms and ranches are offering tours to the public, so you can learn how local food is grown, the art of cheese-making, organic farming, lavender harvesting and more.
UC Agriculture and Natural Resources website includes a full list of the available tours. Some tours are free, while others charge a fee.
Here is a sampling of the upcoming weekend tours:
- June 30: Seaweed Foraging Adventure on the Sonoma Coast
- June 30: Lavendar Harvest and Plant Sale in Sonoma County
- June 30: Sunflower Sojourn Tour in Yolo County
- July 7: Veggielution in San Jose
- July 7: A Feast on the Farm in El Dorado County
- July 7-8: Nevada County Farm Trail weekend
- July 15: Farm Tour and Cheese Tasting in West Marin