Chancellor Chats come to UCOP
President Napolitano is pleased to announce an exciting new speaker series for UC staff: Chancellor Chats! Starting next month, chancellors will take turns engaging with UCOP staff in friendly, informal conversations. These interactive sessions — sponsored by the UCOP Staff Assembly — are designed to give chancellors and UCOP employees an opportunity to get to know each other, and to help UCOP staff better understand chancellors’ priorities and challenges.
Meetings will generally take place on the first Wednesday of each month, from 3-4 p.m., in the Oakland Franklin Street building, Lobby 1. All Chancellor Chats will be webcast via Zoom, making them accessible to employees who work outside of Oakland or are unable to attend in person.
“These conversations represent a special opportunity for UCOP staff to get to know chancellors better and feel more connected to the daily work of the campuses,” says President Napolitano. “I encourage all interested staff to attend in person or tune in.”
Please mark your calendar and join us! Zoom information for the May 2 Chancellor Chat will be available soon.
Chancellor Chats schedule
- Thursday, May 2 — Chancellor Blumenthal, UC Santa Cruz
- Wednesday, June 5 — Chancellor Christ, UC Berkeley
- Wednesday, July 10 — Chancellor Wilcox, UC Riverside
- Wednesday, October 2 — Chancellor Block, UCLA
- Wednesday, November 6 — Chancellor May, UC Davis
- Wednesday, January 8 — Chancellor Gillman, UC Irvine
- Wednesday, February 5 — Chancellor Khosla, UC San Diego
- Wednesday, March 4 — Chancellor Hawgood, UCSF
- Wednesday, April 1 — Chancellor Leland, UC Merced
- Wednesday, May 6 — Chancellor Yang, UC Santa Barbara
Questions? Contact Link.Tags: chancellor chats, ucop events