10-Second Bio: Bara Waters, rockin’ musician

Meet Communications & Training Manager Bara Waters (left), half of the groovy electric folk music duo Cosmic Spin.

Name: Bara Waters

Title: Communications and Training Manager

Department: UC Procurement

Location: Franklin, Oakland

Started: November 2017

What I do for OP in five words or less:  Transform UC procurement/supply chains

The best part about working for OP: Engaging, informing, teaching, training and inspiring people to further support our mission of teaching, research and public service

Something you don’t know about me: I’m half of a musical duo called Cosmic Spin that plays what we call “groovy electric folk” — blending folk, rock, pop, alternative, psychedelic and country. For years, we’ve played live all over California. But in 2019, we focused on the recording studio and released our first EP!

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: Grand Rapids, Michigan, was known for decades as the Furniture Capital of America, due to the residential (Baker, Kindel, Stickley) and office (Steelcase, Herman Miller, Knoll) furniture industries headquartered there. But recently, it was voted Beer City USA, because of its numerous craft breweries, many of which are located in historic former furniture warehouses.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would be: Singer, songwriter, arranger, producer, performer… or writer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 10-Second Bio is one of Link’s most popular features, and for a good reason.

We all like to learn about our colleagues — what they do and enjoy about working at UCOP and what makes them tick. If you’ve never submitted a bio, we invite you to do so. It only takes a few minutes and it’s an easy, fun way for us all to get to know the people we work with.

Submit your 10-Second Bio to Link!