Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

UC WI empowers UC women

There’s still time to participate in — or nominate a colleague for — the 2020 UC Women’s Initiative for Professional Development (UC WI). Nominations are accepted through October 4.

This experiential professional development program helps mid-career women advance in their UC careers and supports their potential for advancement. Learn more and access forms.

Michele Maule, manager of governance and reporting at the UCPath Center, found her experience with UC WI to be extremely valuable. “This systemwide cohort offers a rare opportunity to work closely with women from across the UC system from all different disciplines, including staff and faculty,” she says. “The cohort quickly develops into a close-knit and encouraging group. Members work very cooperatively to help each other grow.”

Senior Communications Officer Jennifer Mushinskie agrees. “The women with whom I was lucky to meet and work during my time in the program are an inspiration,” she says. “UC WI gave me so much insight that it really stretched me to know myself better. I am profoundly grateful that programs like this exist to help staff like me improve upon myself both personally and professionally.”

“The program is a great way to step back and evaluate your career and overall goals,” adds another participant. “The tools provided are helpful to broadening your network, increasing negotiating skills and creating better day-to-day outcomes.”

Learn more here. Questions? Contact UCOPLD@ucop.edu.

Tags: , , , ,

Leave your comment here