Link: UCOP's e-newsletter

Stay Informed. Stay Connected.

10-Second Bio: Angelin Barrios, green thumb extraordinaire

Meet Senior Analyst Angelin Barrios of Systemwide Human Resources. At her desk, she’s deeply involved in crafting policies that govern health and welfare benefits for UC employees. At home, she immerses herself in a verifiable jungle of beautiful plants.

Name: Angelin Barrios

Title: Senior Analyst, Health and Welfare Benefits

Department/Unit: Benefits, Programs and Strategy, Systemwide Human Resources

Location: Kaiser Building, Oakland

When I started working at UCOP: July 2015

What I do in 15 words or less: I write policies governing health and welfare benefit eligibility for active employees.

Best part about working for OP: Working with people from all walks of life

Something you don’t know about me: I’m a houseplant enthusiast! I care for 73 indoor houseplants. I maintain a spreadsheet that lists all my plants by their botanical name, their ages, how I obtained them, and their watering schedules. I’m a bit of a data nerd when it comes to the care of my houseplants.

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: I grew up in Hercules, California, a small town in the East Bay. Hercules got its name from a type of dynamite (Hercules Powder) that was produced by a plant in the area during the Industrial Revolution.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would be: The proprietor of a combination used book store/rare plant shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 10-Second Bio is one of Link’s most popular features, and for a good reason.

We all like to learn about our colleagues — what they do and enjoy about working at UCOP and what makes them tick. If you’ve never submitted a bio, we invite you to do so. It only takes a few minutes and it’s an easy, fun way for us all to get to know the people we work with.

Submit your 10-Second Bio to Link!

Tags: , ,

Comment ( 1 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Susan PG December 10, 2019 Reply

Loved your bio, Angelin!

Leave your comment here