About the UCOP Calendar
The UCOP calendar is an interactive, Web-based program that enables the UCOP community to post, view and search for events of broad interest to the UCOP community. The calendar provides a simple, centralized means to announce and describe activities of interest to UCOP employees. All UCOP divisions, departments, units, and recognized groups are welcome to submit calendar listings for their events.
Criteria for Adding an Event
- The event must be sponsored by a UCOP division, department or unit and be of broad interest to the UCOP community.
- Posting of events held outside of UCOP or UC buildings will be posted at the discretion of the calendar editor. These events are generally considered acceptable for inclusion in the calendar if they are directly related to or would benefit the UCOP community.
- Each event submission must include an event title, event type, description of event, department sponsor, date, time, location (building and room number), departmental or event URL (whenever possible) as well as an event contact name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Listings must be submitted via the online submission form. Any submissions received via e-mail, phone, fax or on paper (either mailed or personally delivered) will not be accepted.
- All posted events are to be conducted in accordance with University policies and state and federal laws and regulations.
Calendar Review and Publishing
- All submitted events are sent to the calendar editor for approval before they are published on the online calendar.
- We will do our best to post a submitted event within 48-72 business hours. It is recommended that you submit your event to the calendar at least one week prior to the event.
- The calendar editor and Department of Communications reserves the right to decline event submissions.
- The calendar editor reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity.
- At the discretion of the Communications Department, certain events may also be featured in UC-related publications. Featured events will be highlighted based on the degree of mass appeal to UCOP employees, and where possible will reflect an equal emphasis and representation among all UCOP divisions, departments and units.
In submitting events to the Calendar, please follow these simple guidelines to ensure sufficient detail and consistency of style throughout the site:
Event Titles: Use initial caps and lower case throughout.
Location: Include the building and the room number
Event Contact: Include a contact person’s name, department and contact information.
Website: Only use this if there is a website that has been specifically created for the event or if the site has more information about the event than you can include in the listing.
Description/Details: Try to keep the information in this box to no more than two or three sentences.
Photos: If you have a photo you would like to include in your event posting, you may email it to Alexis Endicott, UCOP Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com. Images will be posted at the discretion of the calendar editor and the Department of Communications.
For questions about the UCOP calendar contact Patti Meagher, Link editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 987-0619.