About the UCOP calendar
The UCOP calendar is an interactive, web-based program that enables you to post, view and search for events and activities of broad interest to the UCOP community in one central location. All UCOP divisions, departments, units and recognized groups are welcome to submit calendar listings for their events.
Criteria for adding an event
The purpose of the calendar is to publicize events that meet the following criteria:
- Event is sponsored by a UCOP division, department or unit and is of broad interest to the UCOP community.
- An event held outside of UCOP or UC buildings may be posted at the editor’s discretion if it is directly related to or would benefit the UCOP community.
- Submissions must include an event title, type, description, department sponsor, date, time, location and department or event URL (if applicable) as well as an event contact name and phone number or email address.
- Please submit listings via the online submission form.
- All posted events are to be conducted in accordance with UC policies and state and federal laws and regulations.
Calendar review and publishing
- All submitted events go to the calendar editor for approval before they are published.
- We try to post all events within 48 to 72 hours after receipt, but please submit calendar items at least one week prior to your event. It is also a good idea to check the calendar before scheduling your event to avoid conflicts.
- The editor reserves the right to decline event submissions and to edit listings for length, spelling, language and clarity.
- At the discretion of Communications, certain events may also be featured in UC publications, depending on whether they have broad appeal and interest to the UCOP community.
In submitting events, please follow these guidelines to ensure sufficient detail and consistency of postings:
- Event title: Use initial caps and lower case throughout.
- Location: Include both building and room number, if applicable.
- Event contact: Include a contact person’s name, department and contact information.
- Description/details: Please limit to two or three sentences.
- Website: Use this field only if there is a website specific to the event or if the site has more information than you can include in the calendar listing.
Want more than a calendar listing? This page explains all the ways we can help you promote your event.
If you’re having technical difficulties using the calendar, please email Paul Dennis at Paul.Dennis@ucop.edu.