Classes and Workshops
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register or register, read complete class descriptions and view the location. (See registration instructions at the bottom of this page.)
- For general information about learning and development opportunities at UCOP, visit the Local Human Resources webpage.
Upcoming Classes and Workshops
Oakland: March 12, 12 – 1 p.m.
This course provides an overview of Box.com, the cloud-based, secure file storage and file sharing service. Learn Box best practices, how to collaborate with colleagues within and outside of OP, and tips like commenting directly on files, permissions, shared links and more. Administrators from IT will be available for questions.
Online: March 14, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Learn to develop persuasive, dynamic slide show presentations which combine graphics, text, and animation effects to maximize the impact of the information you want to convey. To get the most out of this class, attendees should bring their own PowerPoint presentation to work on. If you do not bring a presentation, one will be provided.
Get to the Point! Effective Writing Skills
Oakland, March 18, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Barbara Nelson of Nelson Communications will lead a one-day writing workshop for professionals who want to communicate clearly and concisely. Participants will learn practical tips and tools to make written communications more effective, resulting in increased clarity, response and action.
Excel Macros & VBA
Oakland and Online: March 19, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
This training for intermediate and advanced Excel users will cover macros with an introduction to VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). Greatly enhance your skill level in controlling your Excel data by customizing and automating repetitive tasks in Excel.
Intro to Tableau Desktop
Oakland: March 20, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
If data visualization is important to your work, attend this hands-on workshop of Tableau Desktop! See demos of Tableau visualizations; connect to your data with Tableau Data Extract; learn to create hierarchies, formatting and aggregation and create worksheets, analytics, maps, interactive dashboards and more.
Intro to Tableau Prep
Oakland: March 20, 1 – 3 p.m.
This course supports analysts and advanced business users who must combine data from various sources, shape it through pivots or aggregations and sort it into groups or similar values prior to analysis.
Oakland: March 21, 9 – 11 a.m.
This course is designed to teach content editors and content managers how to maintain their department websites. It will cover Cascade signing in, password changes, navigation, resources pages and key tasks.
My UC Career Workshop
Oakland: March 21, 12-1 p.m.
My UC Career is an online development portal available to all UC employees seeking to advance their career. During this brown bag session, you will receive a demo of the portal and what it can do for you and your career. You can create a free account at My UC Career.
Performance Appraisal Employee Training
Oakland: March 18, 1-3 p.m.; March 25, 1-2 p.m.; Online: March 20, 3-4 p.m.; March 26, 9-11 a.m.
This course is for any employees hired in 2018. Managers should attend the manager-version of this training. Participants will learn about UCOP’s performance appraisal process and tips and tricks to make this year’s appraisal process ROCK! We will cover the process as well as the Halogen system. HR Business Partners will be present to answer your questions.
More Classes and Workshops
- For more upcoming learning and development opportunities at UCOP, check the current class schedule.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes. See individual listings for the date that registration opens for that particular class.
- Log into UC Learning Center to pre-register and see full class description and location. (See instructions at bottom of this page.)
How to Register
To register for any of these classes, go to the UC Learning Center:
- Log in using your UCOP login and password
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class you want
- Click the session you want, then click on the Register box and Submit
- If you enroll in a class and are unable to attend, please be sure to cancel your registration so that your slot can be made available to others interested in the class. Cancel through the UC Learning Center 48 hours before the scheduled class time, or contact Learning & Development.