Classes and Workshops
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- All classes listed below take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location. (See instructions at bottom of this page.)
- For general information about learning and development opportunities at UCOP, visit the Local Human Resources webpage.
UCLC will be offline from July 28 through Aug. 9 in order to complete a major system upgrade. Read more about it, including what you may need to do if you will be taking classes while it’s offline.
SharePoint Site Administration
Date: Wednesday, Aug. 9
Time: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
SharePoint is a powerful tool that provides collaboration team sites for workgroups to share documents, calendars, project information to name a few. For SharePoint to be effective, the day-to-day team site administration needs to be in the hands of the teams rather than a central authority. Therefore individuals in the business units need the knowledge to administer team sites. This workshop focuses on the primary skills necessary for site administration such as permissions, site and list creation, page editing and navigation.
HOW TO REGISTER:
To register for any of these classes, go to the UC Learning Center:
- Log in using your UCOP login and password
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class you want
- Click the session you want, then click on the Register box and Submit
If you enroll in a class and are unable to attend, please be sure to cancel your registration so that your slot can be made available to others interested in the class. Cancel through the UC Learning Center 48 hours before the scheduled class time, or contact John Blake in Learning & Development at 510-587-6258 or email@example.com.