- This event has passed.
Thursday, November 2, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location.
Registration for this class opens on Oct. 1.
Excel Advanced is targeted at experienced Excel users and builds on the key concepts learned from the Introduction and Intermediate courses. Content focuses on importing and exporting data, formatting numbers, working with ranges, working with macros, data analysis tools, summarizing data, using “what-if” data analysis and expands on workgroup collaboration. This full day class is hands-on and highly interactive. After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply advanced functions, including logical, financial, statistical, and database functions
- Use Data Tables to explore the effects of different input values on a formula
- Find specific values or determine the cell address of a specific value with lookup functions
- Implement data validation to control which values are allowed in cells
- Set up, use, and format Pivot Tables to analyze complex data sets
- Present results to stakeholders graphically with PivotCharts, SmartArt graphics, and conditional data bars or icons
- Use text files, XML files, Microsoft Queries, and Web Queries to import and export spreadsheet data