- This event has passed.
Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Pre-registration required. For full course details (including location) or to register for this class, log into the UC Learning Center.
Microsoft Excel 2010 offers powerful charting and graphing abilities, an unmatched set of mathematical and statistical functions, and secure tools for sharing spreadsheets with others, making it the most widely-used spreadsheet application worldwide. This class is taught by instructors who bring years of practical experience to the classroom, so that you will be readily able to apply what you learn. Participants in this course learn to:
- Manage large, interconnected sets of data with linked workbooks.
- Apply an Office theme for a consistent appearance between spreadsheets and other documents.
- Add distinctive background images and watermarks to spreadsheets for branding or security.
- Consolidate multiple rows of data into collapsible outlines.
- Use powerful data filters and sorting to target specific data for analysis.
- Create professional-looking charts that accentuate key data with advanced formatting techniques and graphic elements.
- Test formulas and trace errors with Error Checking and Auditing tools.
- Prevent data corruption or deletion by protecting a workbook, or specific cells.
- Allow multiple users to edit a spreadsheet simultaneously, without creating inconsistencies between versions.
- Create and edit Excel templates with common data and formatting for your specific needs.