- This event has passed.
Excel – Introduction
Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location.
Microsoft Excel is an all-purpose software application for creating and sharing information through spreadsheets. With a robust set of functions to automatically perform complex calculations, features to rapidly convert data into charts and graphs, and tools to securely share business information with others, it is the most widely-used spreadsheet application worldwide. Use Microsoft Excel to create a spreadsheet to track data and perform calculations.
- Rapidly navigate Excel’s tool ribbons, gallery commands, and Live Preview feature.
- Perform basic calculations and apply calculations accurately with cell references.
- Format cells, tables and entire worksheets quickly with styles and style galleries.
- Use Excel’s conditional formatting rules to visually enhance your data.
- Give printed spreadsheets a professional appearance with Page Layout View, page breaking controls and print area definitions.
- Create dynamically-updating charts quickly with predefined layouts and styles.
- Incorporate 3-D shadowing, anti-aliasing and other visual effects to design compelling graphic summaries.
- Employ key Excel display techniques to navigate large workbooks effectively.