- This event has passed.
Influencing Without Authority
Wednesday, September 13, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location.
The ability to exercise influence without authority is one of the most important skills of an effective professional. This course will develop the learner’s capability to assess and increase influential power to accomplish objectives.
To exercise influence without authority, it is important to understand the nature of power and influence in the organization, understand personal sources of influence, and know how to leverage personal political power. Successful professionals build networks of relationships with stakeholders and influencers. This course introduces the skills necessary to employ these interpersonal and leadership skills and to manage the often complex relationship dynamics of the workplace.
This 4-hour workshop explores the primary strategies of influence –reciprocity, communicating to influence, and influencing styles. The participant will learn how to select the most appropriate strategy for the circumstances.
- Better understand the dynamics of the influence process
- Develop skills for use in a variety of situations
- Increase awareness of one’s current influence behavior
- Identify areas for ongoing development