- This event has passed.
Project Management, Part 1: Initiating a Project
Wednesday, March 22, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Pre-registration required. For full course details (including location) or to register for this class, log into the UC Learning Center.
This three-part course in project management helps you learn how to identify a clear, shared understanding of a project and create a comprehensive project charter or decision document. The first in the series, Initiating a Project, focuses on how to effectively set up a project to ensure a smooth start. Recognize the critical importance of having a clear, shared understanding of the project at the outset by creating a comprehensive project charter.
- How to define the purpose of the project and its business value
- Define the project’s objectives, assumptions and constraints
- Understand how the project is linked to other projects and activities
- Define the high level project scope
- Define how the project success will be measured
- Identify warning signs to watch for as the project is executed
- Identify the project stakeholders and determine their priorities and their impact on the project
- Assess the complexity of the project in both business and technical dimensions
- Understand the pivotal importance of a well-prepared project charter.