- This event has passed.
SharePoint – Document Management
Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location.
SharePoint is a powerful tool to manage documents and other files by providing secured, web-based document libraries. There are many features of libraries that can make your SharePoint experience a success, but it is equally important to understand the common pitfalls to avoid. This workshop takes a deep dive into SharePoint’s document management features including those that are often overlooked or underutilized. Of equal importance are the best practices that will be woven into the workshop.
- Uploading files to SharePoint
- Check In / Check out
- Version Control
- Tagging and categorization of documents
- Finding documents
- Library/document permissions
- Quick Edit – bulk update of properties
- The power of views
- Panel preview and viewing in browser
- Alerts on changes to documents
- Why folders are bad in SharePoint
- Benefits of metadata tagging
- Limit the number of libraries
- Keep permissions simple
- Why you should use the Title field
- File naming guidelines
- SharePoint Fundamentals Class or hands-on experience
- A desire and the time to adopt these techniques on the job