- This event has passed.
SharePoint – Site Administration
Wednesday, August 9, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location.
SharePoint is a powerful tool that provides collaboration team sites for workgroups to share documents, calendars, project information to name a few. For SharePoint to be effective, the day-to-day team site administration needs to be in the hands of the teams rather than a central authority. Therefore individuals in the business units need the knowledge to administer team sites. This workshop focuses on the primary skills necessary for site administration such as permissions, site and list creation, page editing and navigation. Topics:
- Permissions overview
- Permissions Best Practices
- Site Management
- Lists and Libraries
- Web pages and Web Parts
- Create a site
- Configure permissions
- Modify navigation
- Edit the site’s homepage
- Add Web Parts
- Create a site column and apply to pre-existing lists