- This event has passed.
Write Right: Baseline Business Writing Skills
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location.
This foundational course provides the basics of grammar and writing clearly. Participants learn key characteristics of good writers and practice those skills in the session. They will learn the current, best practices in business writing.
- The sentence –the foundation of language—and how to punctuate it
- Verbs—the heart and soul of every sentence
- Grammar and capitalization guidelines
- Key hints for writers
Completing this course is recommended before registering for the UCOP Get to the Point! workshop.