Project Management Fundamentals Part 1
Thursday, December 3, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
This course helps students to recognize the critical importance of having a clear, shared understanding of a project at the outset by creating a comprehensive project charter, or the decision document that authorizes the project to move into detailed planning, and designates the project manager.
At the conclusion of this half-day course, students will be able to:
• Define the purpose of the project and its business value;
• Define the project’s objectives, assumptions and constraints;
• Understand how the project is linked to other projects and activities;
• Define the high level project scope;
• Define how the project success will be measured;
• Identify warning signs to watch for as the project is executed;
• Identify the project stakeholders and determine their priorities and their impact on the project;
• Assess the complexity of the project in both business and technical dimensions; and
• Understand the pivotal importance of a well-prepared project charter.