Meet UCOP senior leaders and colleagues at Friday breakfast
You know about the complimentary bagels and burritos offered up every First Friday in the Franklin Building and every Second Friday in the Kaiser Building. But did you know that you don’t have to eat alone?
Thanks to the OP Staff Assembly, you can now sit down with your colleagues and rub shoulders with senior leaders while you enjoy your comestibles.
This Friday, Sept. 2, Research and Graduate Studies VP Steve Beckwith and External Relations Senior VP/Agriculture and Natural Resources VP Dan Dooley will be hosting Franklin staff in the Lobby One Conference Room. At Kaiser on Sept. 9, Beckwith will serve as breakfast host in Room 612. Other senior managers are scheduled through the end of the calendar year (see below).
“We felt that the Friday breakfasts presented a great opportunity for social interaction,” said OP Staff Assembly Chair Ken Feer, “so we’re encouraging people to gather together, sit down and join in with senior leaders and their UCOP colleagues rather than run back to their desks to enjoy their breakfast.”
The Staff Assembly earlier this year started asking members of the Senior Management Team to actively host the breakfasts, Feer added. This gives staff a chance to get to know their colleagues as well as OP senior leadership, who fund the complimentary breakfasts.
Many of UCOP’s affinity groups also set up tables in the buffet line, providing multiple opportunities to make new connections with your OP colleagues.
There is no formal presentation, but senior manager hosts mingle in the breakfast line and sit down with UCOP staff in the conference rooms for collegial chit-chat. The sit-downs take place from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., in Franklin’s Lobby One Conference Room on the First Friday and in Kaiser, Room 612, on the second Friday of each month.
Here is the schedule for senior leader participation through the end of calendar year 2011:
- Friday, Sept. 2, at Franklin: Research and Graduate Studies VP Steve Beckwith and External Relations Senior VP/Agriculture and Natural Resources VP Dan Dooley
- Friday, Sept. 9, at Kaiser: Research and Graduate Studies VP Steve Beckwith
- Friday, Oct. 7, at Franklin: Academic Personnel Vice Provost Susan Carlson and Health Sciences and Services Senior Vice President John Stobo
- Friday, Oct. 14, at Kaiser: Chief Financial Officer Peter Taylor
- Friday, Nov. 4, at Franklin: Vice President and General Counsel Charles Robinson and Chief Financial Officer Peter Taylor
- Friday, Nov. 18, at Kaiser: Laboratory Management Vice President Bruce Darling
- Friday, Dec. 2, at Franklin: Academic Affairs Provost and Executive Vice President Larry Pitts and Compliance and Audit Senior Vice President Sheryl Vacca
- Friday, Dec. 9, at Kaiser: Human Resources Vice President Dwaine Duckett and Academic Affairs Provost and Executive Vice President Larry Pitts