Virtual Classes and Workshops
- UCOP Speaker Series: Caring for ourselves during COVID-19 For more information on this series, visit this link article
- Learn about the new UCOP Staff Talent Evaluation Process (STEP)
- UCOP Cohorts: UCWI is now accepting nominations for the 20/21 year
- Register for New Hire Orientation (every second Tuesday of the month 10am-12pm)
- ZOOM: LIVE training session(s), UCOP Zoom webpage, Webinars and Web training videos
- UCOP LinkedIn Learning:Account activation, Login, popular classes
- Additional LIL resources: Register for Intro to LIL class, Recorded Overview and Demo and FAQs
Upcoming Classes and Workshops
UCOP Conversation on Race - RECORDINGS
Online. : ,
An author, educator and education administrator, Dr Rachelle Rogers-Ard is an expert in organizational health and provides customized training around teamwork, leadership and racial bias utilizing Social-Emotional best practices.
These sessions available for viewing through the UC Learning Center.
- Understanding historical impact of race within the US (Recording)
- The Concept of Whiteness (Recording)
- Anti-racist Leadership: Using SEL to promote understanding (Recording)
Remarkable Remote Series
Classes offered monthly. Click on the registration link for additional Remote Learning Courses and Resources: ,
This popular series, rated 4.5 out 5 by your fellow UCOP colleagues, is now offered once a month! Join us for workshops designed to support your telecommuting experience: Remarkable Remote Meetings, Remarkable Remote Worker and Remarkable Remote Teams. Each course takes a thoughtful approach to the telecommuting experience, addressing challenges in various situations and offering practical solutions for addressing them.
- Remarkable Remote Team: This course is geared to managers and meeting facilitators but open to all to learn this essential skills! Session available on 11/17 from 9:30-12 (reg deadline 11/10) Register
- Remarkable Remote Meeting: Sessions available on 12/4 from 9:30-12 (reg deadline 11/28) Register
UC CORE Competencies Introduction
Online - See below for dates: ,
Available dates: 10/15 (11:00-12:00), 10/20 (1:00-2:00) and 11/12 (1:00-2:00)
The Core Competency model was updated by a collaborative team of Systemwide representatives in 2019-20. Enhance your professional development! Come learn about the updated competencies and how UCOP is integrating them into our new performance appraisal framework known as STEP: Staff Talent Evaluation Process.Register for UC CORE Competencies Introduction
UCOP Speaker Series: Caring for ourselves during COVID-19
Join Ola Popoola, UCOP Director of Reporting and Analytics with IRAP and founder of Divine Strategies for Living, as she delves into strategies for self-care for managers, those living alone, and caregivers. Join Ola as she guides us through how to best “put on our oxygen masks on first” and help support family, friends, and co-workers through these unprecedented times. Click here for more detailed information on this series
- Self-care for manager and supervisors (9/30 from 10-12): Join Ola as she shares how to lead by example, take care of yourself as a leader and support your employees. REGISTER
- Self-care for non-caregivers (10/21 from 11-1): Join Ola as she shares tips and tools for nurturing relationships, managing loneliness, and balancing work responsibilities. REGISTER
- Self-care for caregivers (11/13 from 10-12): Join Ola as she shares tips and tools for self-care while supporting others and working remotely. REGISTER
Online: Tuesday, October 20, 9:00am - 11:00am
This course is designed to teach UCOP employees how to edit and maintain their department websites. Participants will get an account to access the content management system called Cascade CMS.
Registration deadline 10/16Register for Cascade Fundamentals
Microsoft Excel Tips and Techniques
Online : Tuesday, October 13, 9:30am - 11:00pm
In this workshop, users learn powerful tips and techniques that can help them save significant time, analyze data and extract important organizational insights, present information in a compelling way, and collaborate with others more effectively.Register for Microsoft Excel Tips and Techniques
Accomplishing More with Less for Managers
Online - 10/29, 11/10 and 11/12 : , 10:15 am - 11:00 am
The Accomplishing More With Less for Managers three-part workshop is ideal for managers and supervisors who are overseeing the work of others and want to build best practices to enhance team communication and productivity. Learn how to manage strategically and help your team succeed in through times of high-volume work. The workshop focuses on building management resilience through useful tools and exercises.
Registration deadline is 10/21Register for Accomplishing More with Less for Managers
Managing and organizing your E-Mail Inbox- Microsoft Outlook
Online: Thursday, October 22, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Learn skills for e-mail management strategies to transform e-mail into a productivity tool that can help you succeed.
Registration Deadline is 10/15Register for Managing and organizing your E-Mail Inbox- Microsoft Outlook
Professional Culture Workshop
Online: Wednesday, October 28, 8:30am - 12:30pm
Being a valued and trusted part of a team is central to our job satisfaction and our ability to consistently perform at a high level. Our professional relationships contribute to a true sense of fulfilment in our career and our willingness to invest in these relationships is an important choice we make each day. This workshop offers techniques to practice a mindset that positions you to make those important investments as well as how to interact and engage with professional etiquette and composure. You will learn practical tools to apply both in person and virtually as you strive to continue making positive impacts with confidence and poise.Register for Professional Culture Workshop
Pivot Table Techniques
Online: Tuesday, November 10, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
If you have been using PivotTables and are wondering what more you can do with them, or are maybe running into obstacles and wishing you can get around them, this workshop will help you unleash the power of PivotTables and get results.
Registration deadline 11/2Register for Pivot Table Techniques
Project Management Fundamentals (3 1/2 day sessions)
Online (12/3, 12/11 & 12/15): , 8:30 am-12:30PM
This is a beginner class, and comprises of 3 1/2 day sessions. You will learn the fundamentals of how to initiate, create and manage a projects. (view LINK article for more details on this series)
Visit LinkedIn Learning for courses on SmartSheet and how you can use this tool to manage a project.Register for Project Management Fundamentals (3 1/2 day sessions)
Gartner: Manager and Employee Development
Free learning opportunities, click webinar name for dates and times: , Register for Gartner: Manager and Employee Development on
Manager Success Workshop Series
- Becoming a Manager I: Making a Smooth Transition (Oct classes) (Register)
- Entering Middle Management: Expanding Your Influence (Oct classes) (Register)
- Getting Results from Formal Feedback (Nov classes) (Register)
- Becoming a Manager II: Making a Quick Impact (Nov classes) (Register)
Online: Friday, October 9, 10:00am - 11:00am Register for ZOOM Fundamentals on Friday, October 9
This call will address questions about Zoom, Security settings, ID’s, passwords, waiting rooms, locking a meeting, recordings, polls, and troubleshooting.
Planning and Budget Systems: Chart of Accounts
Training on system-wide reporting, budgeting, and financial management.: , Register for Planning and Budget Systems: Chart of Accounts on
BRC Oracle Procurement Requester trainings
Geared toward UCOP employees/contractors who purchase goods or services.: , Register for BRC Oracle Procurement Requester trainings on
BRC Concur Travel & Entertainment Training
Geared toward UCOP employees who travel or book travel for others: , Register for BRC Concur Travel & Entertainment Training on
Oracle General Ledger Training
PPT Document: , Register for Oracle General Ledger Training on
Oracle Procurement Requester Training
PPT Document: , Register for Oracle Procurement Requester Training on
Oracle FIS Application Familiarization Training
PPT Document: , Register for Oracle FIS Application Familiarization Training on
Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) Reporting Training
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) Reporting Training on
Learn how to use the OTBI tool to build reports by selecting subject areas and applying filters/sort/prompts/formatting
Online - View class dates below: , Register for Box Fundamentals on
Sessions available 9/25 from 11-12, 10/16 from 11-12, Nov 14 from 1-2
Get an overview of Box Drive and get your questions answered! Administrators from IT will be on hand to answer your questions and review the best features of Box Drive.
Cascade CMS - Accessibility Workflow (Accessibility Review Process)
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Cascade CMS - Accessibility Workflow (Accessibility Review Process) on
Accessible Websites in the Cascade CMS
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Accessible Websites in the Cascade CMS on
Creating Accessible PDF's
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Creating Accessible PDF's on
Fidelity financial classes offered for UCOP Staff
Register for listing of Online Classes, or schedule a virtual one-on-one meeting: , Register for Fidelity financial classes offered for UCOP Staff on
UCOP Required Trainings
These courses, for UCOP Career Staff, Career Contract and TOPS employees, are available through the UC Learning Center
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Staff
- US Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors, Faculty and MSP*
- UC Cyber Security Awareness Fundamentals
- General Compliance Briefing: University of California Ethical Values and Conduct
- FERPA – Please contact the UCOP Learning & Development Team
- Please see your manager for any additional Department or Job related requirements.
If you are unclear on the required trainings that you need to take or need to view your certificate expiration date, please log into your UC Learner Account and select the Required Training icon the your homepage.
*Employees who do not supervise anyone but are in a role that is classified as a MSP will be required to take Sexual Harassment Training for Managers, Supervisors and MSP.
Using the UC Learning Center
Log in to the UC Learning Center using your UCOP login and password. In the Search box on the left, enter the name of the class you want. Select the session you want, then select the Register box and Submit.
If you enroll in a class and are unable to attend, please be sure to cancel your registration so that your slot can be made available to others interested in the class. Cancel through the UC Learning Center 48 hours before the scheduled class time, or contact the Learning & Development Team.