Virtual Classes and Workshops
- NEW – December 1st – Continuing the Conversations on Race with Lisa Walker, MA – Register
Join us as we Continue the Conversations on Race. Lisa D. Walker, M.A. is an expert and facilitator with over 20 years experience engaging groups in diversity, equity & inclusion conversations.
- Mentorship Program – Information sessions (To apply, please complete the Mentee Application or the short Mentor Interest Form)
- Learn about the new UCOP Staff Talent Evaluation Process (STEP)
- Register for New Hire Orientation (every second Tuesday of the month 10am-12pm)
- ZOOM: LIVE training session(s), UCOP Zoom webpage, Webinars and Web training videos
- UCOP LinkedIn Learning: Account activation, Login, popular classes, recorded overview and demo, and FAQ
- For questions regarding classes and training, contact UCOPLD@ucop.edu
Upcoming Classes and Workshops
UCOP Mentorship Program Information Sessions
Online: Wednesday, December 2, 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
The Mentorship Program creates mentor–mentee pairings that provide a supportive structure for UCOP employees to cultivate contacts, explore challenges and enhance their effectiveness as they grow both personally and professionally. Come learn more information and lean how to become a Mentor or Mentee. You do not need to attend this information session to apply to the program.Register for UCOP Mentorship Program Information Sessions
UCOP Staff Talent Evaluation Process (STEP)
Multiple classes and dates available:: ,
Our blended learning approach pairs required self paced e-courses with optional live virtual classes in order to reduce overall training time, enhance learning and allow for technical support, questions and practice within the live learning sessions. For more information and resources please visit Performance Appraisal Learning Resources
These courses are required of all employees and a pre-requisite to the Optional Live online training. (Use Chrome or Firefox to view courses)
- Module 1: STEP Overview (@ 15 min)
- Module 2: Define Criteria, Determine Goals and Choosing Competencies (@15 min)
- Module 3a: Demo for Employees for Define Criteria (@ 5 min)
- Module 3b: Demo for Managers for Define Criteria (@ 5 min, managers only)
In the Optional Live Online classes, we will expand on the materials presented in the required modules on the first stage of STEP called Define Criteria. Participant will discuss change and transition, practice writing goals and determining competencies, and have an opportunity to interact with you colleagues in breakout rooms.Register for UCOP Staff Talent Evaluation Process (STEP)
My UC Career
Online: Wednesday, December 2, 10:00am-11:00am
My UC Career is an online development portal available to all UC employees seeking to advance their career. During this session, you will receive a demo of the portal and what it can do for you and your career.Register for My UC Career
Continuing the Conversations on Race With Lisa Walker
Online (See Dates Below): , 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- How can we acknowledge the impact of our lived experience on how we talk about race at work? What helps? What creates more obstacles?
- What awareness, knowledge, and skills are helpful for creating conversations that are bold, authentic, and growth oriented?)
- How do you know which approaches to talking about race and racism best serve your group?
- What is the current focus on racial equity asking of our leadership?
- How can we lead in ways that are inclusive of everyone when individual experiences and perspectives about addressing racism may vary greatly?
- What do we need to sustain and support ourselves when we are leading in this area?
- How can we keep a focus on both Black racial equity and equity needs for other identities?
- What is challenging and helpful about expanding the focus of the equity conversation and how can we address that tension?
- What are the approaches that move us beyond “either/or” to “both/and”
Project Management Fundamentals (3 1/2 day sessions)
Online (12/3, 12/11 & 12/15): , 8:30 am-12:30PM
This is a beginner class, and comprises of 3 1/2 day sessions. You will learn the fundamentals of how to initiate, create and manage a projects. (view LINK article for more details on this series)
Visit LinkedIn Learning for courses on SmartSheet and how you can use this tool to manage a project.Register for Project Management Fundamentals (3 1/2 day sessions)
Multiple classes available: , Register for ZOOM Fundamentals on
This call will address questions about Zoom, Security settings, ID’s, passwords, waiting rooms, locking a meeting, recordings, polls, and troubleshooting.
Online: Friday, December 11, 11:00am - 12:00pm Register for Box Fundamentals on Friday, December 11
Get an overview of Box Drive and get your questions answered! Administrators from IT will be on hand to answer your questions and review the best features of Box Drive.
Planning and Budget Systems: Chart of Accounts
Training on system-wide reporting, budgeting, and financial management.: , Register for Planning and Budget Systems: Chart of Accounts on
BRC Oracle Procurement Requester trainings
Geared toward UCOP employees/contractors who purchase goods or services.: , Register for BRC Oracle Procurement Requester trainings on
BRC Concur Travel & Entertainment Training
Geared toward UCOP employees who travel or book travel for others: , Register for BRC Concur Travel & Entertainment Training on
Oracle General Ledger Training
PPT Document: , Register for Oracle General Ledger Training on
Oracle Procurement Requester Training
PPT Document: , Register for Oracle Procurement Requester Training on
Oracle FIS Application Familiarization Training
PPT Document: , Register for Oracle FIS Application Familiarization Training on
Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) Reporting Training
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) Reporting Training on
Learn how to use the OTBI tool to build reports by selecting subject areas and applying filters/sort/prompts/formatting
Cascade CMS - Accessibility Workflow (Accessibility Review Process)
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Cascade CMS - Accessibility Workflow (Accessibility Review Process) on
Accessible Websites in the Cascade CMS
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Accessible Websites in the Cascade CMS on
Creating Accessible PDF's
Mulitple classes please click register to see available dates: , Register for Creating Accessible PDF's on
Fidelity financial classes offered for UCOP Staff
Register for listing of Online Classes, or schedule a virtual one-on-one meeting: , Register for Fidelity financial classes offered for UCOP Staff on
UCOP Required Trainings
These courses, for UCOP Career Staff, Career Contract and TOPS employees, are available through the UC Learning Center
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Staff
- US Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors, Faculty and MSP*
- UC Cyber Security Awareness Fundamentals
- General Compliance Briefing: University of California Ethical Values and Conduct
- FERPA – Please contact the UCOP Learning & Development Team
- Please see your manager for any additional Department or Job related requirements.
If you are unclear on the required trainings that you need to take or need to view your certificate expiration date, please log into your UC Learner Account and select the Required Training icon the your homepage.
*Employees who do not supervise anyone but are in a role that is classified as a MSP will be required to take Sexual Harassment Training for Managers, Supervisors and MSP.
Using the UC Learning Center
Log in to the UC Learning Center using your UCOP login and password. In the Search box on the left, enter the name of the class you want. Select the session you want, then select the Register box and Submit.
If you enroll in a class and are unable to attend, please be sure to cancel your registration so that your slot can be made available to others interested in the class. Cancel through the UC Learning Center 48 hours before the scheduled class time, or contact the Learning & Development Team.