Link commenting guidelines
Link strives to provide the UCOP community with meaningful content and to foster thoughtful engagement. We invite all UCOP employees to submit comments using the box beneath each Link story.
When submitting a comment, please adhere to the following commenting guidelines:
- Commenting privileges are limited to UCOP community members. Please submit comments using only your ucop.edu email address. Comments from non-UCOP email addresses may not be posted.
- Be civil and respectful of the perspectives and opinions of others. Refrain from personal attacks and abusive language; content that others might find offensive or threatening, including profanity; and racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech. Comments that do not comply with the UCOP Principles of Community or UC policy will be removed.
- Keep comments relevant and stay on-topic. Please do not comment about or link to issues other than the topic reflected in the article on which you are commenting.
- Do not post any content that may put UC in legal jeopardy.
- Avoid using capital letters; it is the electronic equivalent of YELLING.
- Posts that are commercial or scams, including those soliciting business or paid services will be removed.
- We discourage posts containing personal contact information, such as phone numbers or email addresses.
- UC faculty, staff and students also are reminded that they are subject to university codes, policies and terms that may apply to social media use.
For questions, comments or to report abuse, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Posts and comments by individuals on the Link website do not reflect the opinions or policies of the university.
Link comment moderation
All comments submitted to the Link website are subject to moderation by our editorial team. Link retains the right to moderate or remove comments if they do not comply with the above community guidelines.
If you receive an “unapproved” message in response to a submitted comment, this only indicates that your message is not approved for immediate posting; it is being held for review. Please allow up to 72 hours for your comment to be reviewed, approved and posted on the Link website. If you believe that your comment requires more urgent attention, please contact email@example.com.
If you are a UCOP employee posting from a UCOP email address and your comment is not approved by the Link moderator, we will follow up with you directly.