- This event has passed.
Get to the Point! Effective Business Writing
Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes take place in downtown Oakland.
- Log into UC Learning Center (UCLC) to pre-register and see full class description and location.
Registration for this class opens on Oct. 1.
We recommend that participants have already completed the Write Right! Business Writing Basics course.
Being able to articulate one’s point quickly, clearly, concisely and powerfully is a critical skill in effective writing. This one day workshop provides practical tips and tools that can immediately be used to improve written communications.
- Facing the crucial issues: determining purpose and analyzing audience
- Organizing and formatting: getting beyond the traditional outline, writing powerful openings and writing for high skim value
- Writing clearly and concisely: using powerful verbs and eliminating extra words and jargon
Participants are encouraged to bring a sample of their writing for individual feedback.