Register for UCOP’s WorkFit classes today
The Spring 2011 WorkFit half-session #2 began on Monday, March 7. It’s not too late to register and join your colleagues to get fit and reduce stress!
WorkFit has something for everyone and at every level. In fact, more than half of all WorkFit participants had no previous formal exercise program. If you joined the spring half-session #1 or did not get in earlier for the full session, you can pick up the half-session #2 now; cost is $30 for the balance of the session through April 29.
Memberships are flexible and allow attendance at any class, any time at either of two locations. Family and friends (over age 18) can also join for the same low price.
To register, logon to https://myrecreation.berkeley.edu/store/index.aspx?view=front and search by keyword UCOP. Choose your membership by selecting one of the courses entitled “UCOP Flex Pass-Franklin half Session Sect SP 2” or “UCOP Flex Pass Kaiser Half Session SP2.” Again, all memberships allow you to attend any class at any location without restriction.
If you have not registered for WorkFit in the past 3 months, click on LOGIN, select your affiliation as COMMUNITY, set up your profile and complete the registration process. At the end of the registration and payment process, you will receive a confirmation page and confirmation number. Print and retain a copy for your records.
Here is the current list of spring classes (see class descriptions below), which run March 7 through April 29.
Franklin Building Sessions (temporarily relocated to the CSU building, 1000 Broadway, room 1):
- Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12:20–1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20–1:05 p.m.
Kaiser Mall Building (300 Lakeside Drive, Mall Room 260):
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12–12:45 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12–12:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00–5:45 p.m.
More about the classes:
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.