- This event has passed.
Leading Across Difference: Understanding Self, Understanding Leadership – Session 2
Wednesday, May 3, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
A training experience focusing on disrupting racial bias and anti-blackness, increasing awareness of institutional, structural, and systemic inequity through race, and applying this information to increase leadership skills at all levels. Leaders will examine the ways in which their own biases have a huge structural impact while engaging in discussions and that will shed light on leadership growth areas.
This training is based on the facilitator’s Authentic Leadership model which moves participants from theoretical concepts to context-driven practice; to that end, leaders will be challenged to implement systemic and leadership change within their context as a concrete deliverable. Given the transformative, sensitive, and often painful content around racism, this training embeds facilitative social-emotional best practices to create a supportive environment.
1) Build a foundational understanding of historical and social foundations of structural racism and anti-blackness in America.
2) Increase leadership skills towards improved relational outcomes with colleagues and direct reports.
3) Grapple with the question: “Who do I need to become to radically shift my leadership?”
4) Create a learning community of leaders better equipped to transform workplace culture.”
Participants must attend both sessions:
- Session 1: Wednesday, April 19, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Session 2: Wednesday, May 3, 9:00am-12:00pm