Challenged by change? New UCOP workshop can help
Change is a constant everywhere these days, and UCOP is no exception.
If you are feeling challenged by constant change in the workplace, you might want to sign up for a new half-day workshop, brought to you by UCOP Learning and Development and facilitated by Raj Kapur. The class, Embracing Change, meets Wednesday, April 17, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Franklin Lobby 1 Conference Room.
Kapur, president of the Center for Project Management, regularly facilitates learning and development workshops at UCOP, including Influencing Without Authority, Working with Difficult People and the three-part series in Project Management.
Here, he will share tips on how you can work and cope with change and help those around you do the same. The class offers concrete steps to make change more palatable by understanding people’s hesitation, enlisting the help of others, setting up plans and managing stressors. These steps can also ensure that desired changes are implemented successfully.
Other April workshops starting this week include (see the March 19 Link story for more detail on these classes):
- Guide to Team Dynamics, Thursday, April 4, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 12322 Franklin
- Working with Difficult People, Thursday, April 4, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 5320 Franklin
- Microsoft Excel Introduction, Tuesday, April 9, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 7107 Franklin
- Conflict Management in the Workplace, Tuesday, April 16, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 12322 Franklin
- Visio, Thursday, April 18, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 7107 Franklin
To register for any of these classes, go to the UC Learning Center:
- Log in using your UCOP login and password.
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class you want; that will bring up Results of Search.
- Click the session you want, then click on the Register box and Submit.