WorkFit fall session kicks off: try it for free this week
Don’t forget that you can get fit for free this week through WorkFit, UCOP’s on-site fitness program.
The fall session of UCOP’s WorkFit program kicked off yesterday with a try-it-for-free week. You don’t even need to register; just show up and get fit for free for the first week to find out what all your colleagues are buzzing about.
WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level. Classes are offered at both Franklin and Kaiser locations, and you can attend as many classes as you like and at either location. There are three membership options to fit your schedule:
- Full membership for the fall session, at $50, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location until the session ends on Dec. 19.
- The half-session membership, at $30, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the first half of the fall session, through Oct. 24.
- A second half-session membership will be offered, also at $30, from Oct. 28 through the end of the session on Dec. 19.
Family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price.
The existing class schedule at both locations continues for the fall session. Find site calendars and registration information online; just locate the PDFs at the bottom of the web page.
About the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques, including yoga, trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.