“D-TOKs” your workspace and attend a digital records workshop
Construction continues on the new UCOP building, and all departments should be actively preparing for the building moves in 2020. A key step is to manage existing hard-copy records – evaluating, organizing, storing, digitizing, or purging them.
D-TOKs your workspace
Detox diets are still all the rage — and they’ve even inspired UCOP Records Management! During Non-Records Purge Week, from April 22 to 26, join your colleagues in an Oakland-wide D-TOKs (delete, toss, keep stuff) of your workspace.
To participate in the non-records purge, gather materials you no longer need and toss them into recycling bins that will be available on each floor at all Oakland locations.
Another reason to reduce clutter by recycling unneeded papers: The D-TOKs coincides with Earth Week.
What are “non-records”?
- Rough drafts
- Data entry sheets
- Multiple copies of publications
- Blank forms
- Other materials that are not administrative records
- Purge only your own materials, not departmental records or those belonging to colleagues, unless your department has instructed you otherwise.
- Personally identifiable information, or other sensitive information, must be disposed of in the locked shred bins.
- Do not discard records that are the subject of a litigation hold or other records freeze, or that have been requested pursuant to the California Public Records Act, an investigation, an ongoing audit or other legal processes.
- If you have any questions about whether records are required to be preserved for legal reasons, please contact your legal counsel at the Office of the General Counsel.
Attend a taxonomy workshop
Ready to digitize your records but aren’t sure how? Attend an in-person workshop on how to create records taxonomies to better organize your electronic records for storage and retrieval. Select a date and time below to register for Organizing Your Records: Tips and Systems (Taxonomies).
Due to limited space, advance registration is required. All workshops will take place in Franklin 5320.
Contact email@example.com or (510) 987-0399.