Link, UCOP’s weekly e-newsletter, is the central communication resource for the UCOP community. It is your place to get timely news, learn about interesting and important events, and connect with the exceptional people who make up the UCOP community.
Spending just a few moments with Link throughout the week will help you stay abreast of what’s happening at UCOP and around the UC system and how your work here supports UC as a whole.
Every Tuesday morning, you’ll receive an email announcing the latest news and events, which will take you directly to the Link website. But you don’t need to wait for the weekly email reminder; Link is refreshed on an ongoing basis, so go to link.ucop.edu to check it throughout the week for the latest updates.
The newsletter is also designed to foster open dialogue and be a virtual “gathering place” for the UCOP community — a place where you can exchange ideas, questions and thoughts with your colleagues. Take advantage of these interactive features:
- Comment on stories by going to the bottom of any story page to submit your comment; it will appear on the Link homepage for others to see and join the conversation. (Please see Principles of Community below.)
- Check the UCOP e-calendar for current events. You can also submit items (see under “Calendar,” above left), share and save events to your own Outlook calendar, and get email reminders about events you’re interested in (see options at far right of any event posting).
- Go to “Submit a 10-second bio” on the Link homepage to fill out a simple form and introduce yourself to the OP community; we’ll take your picture to accompany the story.
We welcome your feedback. If you have a story suggestion, question or comment, please contact Patti Meagher, Link editor, at email@example.com or 510-987-0619.
Principles of Community
We invite you to submit a comment on any story in Link. When posting, please:
- Be respectful of the perspectives and opinions of others.
- Stay on topic.
- Add value: Be part of the conversation; don’t take it over.
- Don’t use profanity, hateful speech, personal attacks, vulgarity or abusive language.
- Avoid using capital letters; it is the electronic equivalent of YELLING.
Note: Comments that are disrespectful or do not comply with the UCOP Principles of Community or UC policy will be removed. For more, see the Guidelines for Social Media Participation on this and other UCOP sites.