Get moving! Join WorkFit’s summer session #2 today
WorkFit’s summer 2011 half-session #2 has officially kicked off. If you have not registered or need to re-up your summer half-session #1, get registered! Bring your sweats! Nudge your spouse or siblings to join you!
Both Franklin and Kaiser participants are enjoying the popular Zumba class, a full cardio workout done to Latin music. If you haven’t tried it, remember that WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
Half-session #2 membership, from July 18 to Aug. 26, 2011, is available for $30. Family and friends (over age 18) can also join for the same price.
To register, log onto the UC Berkeley Recreational Sports website. If you are a new enrollee, set up a new profile identifying your affiliation as “community.” When you are set up and logged in, search by UCOP to find the Franklin or Kaiser half-session #2 membership offerings.
Here’s the current list of classes for the summer session, which run through Aug. 26:
Franklin Building location: Classes are held at the CSU building, 1000 Broadway, Room 1, unless otherwise noted:
- Stretch and Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Monday & Wednesday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m.
- Yoga Toning: Friday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m
- Yoga: In Franklin Lobby Conference Room, 4:45 to 5:30 p.m. on July 18 & 25 and August 1, 10, 15 & 22
- Zumba: In Franklin Lobby Conference Room, 4:45 to 5:30 p.m. on July 20 & 22 and August 9, 16 & 23
Kaiser Mall Building: All classes are held in room 260:
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12:00 to 12:45 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:00 to 12:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00 to 5:45 p.m.
- Zumba: Wednesday, 5:00 to 5:45 p.m
More about the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage — all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Yoga Toning is a power workout using yoga movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. A good complementary workout to Circuit Training.
- Zumba is a full cardio workout done to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is sponsored by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports. Contact Janine Crocker at 7-9882 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.